Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sweet Emotions

Living on the a street named after a Great Oak
Marveling at the floral fuzzy wallpaper circa 1976 of burnt orange and yellow surrounding me
Gee, in the midst of all of this remodeling, I hope she never changes these walls
I like it; gives the place some character, opposed to this egg shell shit being plastered everywhere
Ha, I even remember when this wall behind me had a cliff and beach mural.
As a kid, I was always amazed by it
But that too over time became the victim of the remodeling bug
My grandparents had to be cool as shit man. Come on, who else would have fuzzy wallpaper and a gigantic mural on their walls?
I'm closing my eyes right now, imagining them with afros and bellbottoms walking these halls
Man, I just love that era
It's just something about the birth of eccentricism and individuality that's really alluring 
I would have definitely been a hippie.
Driving a big rusty blue Chevy, headband around my fro, half button polyester shirt, smoking white boys, and listening to Hendrix.(chuckle) Can't you see it?
But yea, this house has so much history, so many memories
I was raised here, but even crazier...my mom was raised here.
Wow, that puts things in perspective
Peas raised in the same pod.
I'll give her that one, just this one time though.
But don't tell anybody.

MP.

No comments: