Saturday, August 2, 2008

August

My throat hurts
...from saying things i probably shouldn't say
But instead of fixing my lips to recite some exaggerated apology
I go to CVS and pick up a pack of Halls
That'll surely do the trick, make me feel better
Because though painful, every word spoken was true and necessary
But Oh, how it burns
Damn, the pack's gone already

Today, I feel like a pair of brown leather loafers from the thrift
...cheap and used. (a chuckle)
But in retrospect, a impeccable classic
Found in an unorthodox place 
A good find to those style savvy individuals
With every crease in its mohagany leather and every scratch in the sole
It tells a story
Because one man's trash is anothers treasure
And to think...all of that for $3.99

Sitting in the emergency room
...cringing from the sound of the moans of a loved one
Actually, The loved one, or the one that matters the most (if I'm allowed to say)
Because every moment that she's in pain, I feel it the most
But she continues to apologize, for the struggles that the day has put me through
And in a bewildered voice, I ask..why?
There's no need to apologize and no thank you's necessary
Your love...you coming back home is enough.
Because to know her, is to love her
And I do, I really do...Get well soon

But all in all...


No comments: