Friday, March 21, 2008

Making the DMV Proud

So, I just finished reading the newest Rollingstone with Chris Rock on the cover and while flipping the pages to my surprise I see an article on DC native rapper Wale under Artist to Watch. Rollingstone called him the next Kanye West, which is pretty impressive. Sir Wale is doing some big things in the music industry (com'on he has a song with Lil' Wayne) and I feel like a proud parent, being from Maryland myself I have been a fan from the beginning.

Wale currently has a sick mixtape out ironically called Mixtape About Nothing that supposedly has a cameo with Sienfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfus, who played Elaine Benes if you are familiar with the show, which I think is kind of cool. His official album is due to be released this fall under DJ Mark Ronson's record label Allido Records. Mark Ronson has worked with artist including Amy Winehouse (my favorite), Lilly Allen, Christina Aguilera, and Maroon 5.

Video: Wale's
interview during URB magazine photoshoot with Justice. His remix to Justice's 
D.A.N.C.E. is sooo sick, I'm sneezing. Courtesy of youtube.




Wale's gotta have songs:
Nike Boots (Remix) feat. Lil' Wayne
Ice Cream Girl feat. TCB
1 Thing About A Playa
W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E.

Check out Wale's myspace
"Yall believe me when i do it, don't sass me for doing it" -Wale
 

No comments: