Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pass the smarties

There is a new fad going around amongst elementary and middle school kids involving "smoking smarties." Here's a youtube video giving the step by step process.
Children from across the country have been seriously reprimanded for smoking smarties in school, with consequences like detention and in a couple of cases suspension. School faculty and parents fear that smoking smarties may cause health problems.  They also fear that it could be the gateway to encouraging smoking cigarettes.

I personally believe that its a complete over-reaction. We have to remember that its only candy not actual tobacco. That little boy does it a little too well though, looks like he's smoking something else and I'm talking about cigs. I want to try it myself though, looks fun. Remember the bubble gum cigarettes from the ice cream? It kind of reminds me of that. What do you think?

No comments: